Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birding at Gallswayland National Park on 16th March 2008

Birding at Gallswayland Park was very interesting. Walking through the misty forest is always a great experience. While I was on a tour to McLarens Lodge NuwaraEliya I had the opportunity to go the Gallswayland Park with a boy from the Lodge. For the first time in my birding life I had the opportunity of observing a Brown Wood Owl with a short distance.Infact I identified the bird after consulting an experience birder who has over 19 years of birding experience. He is none of the other than Mr. Amila Salgado who was very kind to help me over the phone to identify the bird. Dull Blue flycatcher,Sri Lankan White eye,Sri Lanka Yellow Eared Bulbul, Dark fronted babbler are some of the birds I observed during my visit to the Gallswayland Park.

No comments: